Mad about macarons

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to all of you!

To celebrate my first MAF here in Hong Kong, I decided to head over to Victoria Park with some friends. Here is a really shaky and really inconsistent (sorry!) video montage of our adventure. 


It's dubbed by the Hong Kong Tourism Board website as "an urban celebration", and most non-locals flocked to Causeway Bay to admire One2Free's giant lantern made of 7,000 recycled bottles, watch Chinese dances and other displays of culture, take pictures with friends and family... and of course, get their hands on some grub. 

They had a row of small food tents, which offered everything from candied strawberries on sticks to siu mai to my personal favorite, macarons. 

I've been on the lookout for delicious macarons since I've stepped foot here, but for the past few weeks, I've denied myself of Laduree or Pierre Herme macarons, thinking there MUST be affordable alternatives just waiting to be discovered.

Lo and behold, I would find a gem in the middle of a dense crowd on the eve of the Mid-Autumn festival.



These beauties were handed to me in a package which separated each macaron, thus causing me to gasp as I marvelled at each piece. (Excuse my overdramatic reaction, I was just SO in awe...) 

They come from Ocean Three Development Ltd., a "live and raw food restaurant" that also sells seafood (oysters, lobsters, prawns), sashimi, foie gras and creme puffs. Costing only 60HKD (~350php) for 6 pcs, I would say these macarons are well worth the money. They are much better than the ones in Manila that sell for a similar price range. 


If I'm not mistaken, the flavors are Pistachio, Raspberry, Vanilla, Lemon, Caramel/Coffee and Chocolate (clockwise order starting from the center)


A perfect balance between crispy and chewy, with bursting flavors 
(especially in this raspberry one pictured above). 


The macarons did not crumble upon being bitten, and each meticulously-made layer is visible. Perhaps Filipinos could describe it as "siksik". 

However, their store is quite far away from me, as it is in the Kwai Hing area. I'd love to see them at food bazaars again soon though!


-J


Ocean Three Development, Ltd.
https://www.facebook.com/oceanthree/info
3421 0103



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento